At BKC | Brink, Key & Chludzinski, a public accounting firm, our core purpose is to foster success - for our clients, our community, and our people. We value people in everything that we do. We focus on a professional and personable relationship with each and every one of our clients. We strive for making a difference in our community by volunteering our time and talents. We cultivate an inclusive working environment where teamwork and friendships drive our passion. We recognized the needs of our clients, our community, and our people are always changing. BKC will continue to evolve to meet the needs of our stakeholders by staying current with our expertise and resources.
BKC is seeking an Administrative Assistant (Front Desk) to join our team in a full-time capacity. Our Administrative Team supports the accounting staff and maintains the office environment. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented, with a positive attitude when working with clients and staff. The candidate should be able to demonstrate their ability to learn new software and work efficiently.
Typical hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Half Day Friday’s (8 am – 12pm) May – September. Ability to work extended hours during tax season (March – April) with potential weekend coverage a plus, but not mandatory.
We pride ourselves on having an open-door policy between all levels of staff and management for any questions or discussions.
Front Desk Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Answering phones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
• Greet clients with a professional and friendly demeanor as they enter the office.
• Help walk clients through their personal/business tax packet, explaining steps they need to complete after picking up.
• Make daily account receivable deposits using a data entry software and check scanner/bank website.
• Handle personal information in a highly professional and confidential manner.
• Arrange lunches and events when requested.
• Scanning documents and uploading them to file software.
• Helping clients log into their client portal. Knowledge of basic software/website navigation is needed.
• Taking credit card payments over the phone.
• Assist with scheduling meetings for clients when necessary.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• High school diploma, required.
• Office/administration experience preferred, but not required.
• Computer skills in Adobe/MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), required.
• Ability to answer client phone calls/emails with a polite and helpful attitude.
• Strong ability to multi-task and perform in a busy environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with a team.
Why Work for BKC?
As an Administrator, you will be a part of a high-performing team supporting our accounting staff. We are searching for candidates who want to grow with us and are continuously looking to improve their administrative skills. Recognized as one of West Michigan’s Brightest and Best Places to Work, we believe in offering a balanced work/life environment and a culture built on putting people first, encompassing employees, clients, and our community. Learn more about us at bkccpa.com.
If you consider yourself highly motivated and looking to be a part of something directly impacting the businesses and individuals right in your own community, this may be the position for you.
Employee Benefits (dependent on employee status)
• Summer Flex Schedule & Alternative Schedules
• Volunteer Opportunities
• Team Environment
• Health Care, Health Savings Account, Vision, Dental, 401(k)
• Paid Vacation, Personal Days
Competitive pay, commensurate with experience.
Be paired up with a mentor that will help your growth track personally and professionally.
We know that 2 heads are better than 1 and 3 heads are better than 2. Working in an open environment where questions and learning is encouraged is a key part to our success.
SUMMER FLEX SCHEDULE
Working extra hard during busy season benefits us to get out and enjoy the summer.
Healthcare coverage is available for all employees including medical, vision, and dental.
We are dedicated to giving back and participating with our local community including supporting our people in getting involved.
We understand our work world is evolving and we are right there with it. Some of our team members choose a schedule more fitting for their lives.
We have been recognized by Accounting Today as one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work For, West Michigan's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For and Southwest Michigan First as a Wonderful Workplace.