Staff Tax Accountant
At BKC | Brink, Key & Chludzinski, a public accounting firm, our core purpose is to foster success - for our clients, our community, and our people. We value people in everything that we do. We focus on a professional and personable relationship with each and every one of our clients. We strive for making a difference in our community by volunteering our time and talents. We cultivate an inclusive working environment where teamwork and friendships drive our passion. We recognized the needs of our clients, our community, and our people are always changing. BKC will continue to evolve to meet the needs of our stakeholders by staying current with our expertise and resources.
BKC is seeking an entry-level Staff Tax Accountant to join our team to develop a professional accounting career while improving technical knowledge in the areas of individual and business tax engagements. You will be a member of a team, with numerous specializations and a wide variety of industry knowledge, who will be there to guide and be a resource for you as you navigate arising challenges and opportunities.
We pride ourselves on having an open-door policy between all levels of staff and management for any questions or discussions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Apply the relevant technical knowledge you have acquired through your degree/diploma to assignments
• Contribute to compliance assignments, prepare tax returns, assisting the client with general ledger adjustments, researching tax regulations and implications with specific clients, as well as numerous other projects
• Daily collaboration with team members
• Communicating with clients
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, minimum required
• 1-5 years of public accounting experience, preferred
• Computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel), preferred, those with experience in UltraTax and Firm Flow, preferred but not required
• Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High values in teamwork, client/customer service, and professionalism
Why Work for BKC?
As a staff accountant, you will be a part of a high performing team focusing on developing relationships and becoming a trusted advisor to clients. We are searching for candidates who want to grow with us and are continuously looking to improve their skills and seek advancement opportunities within our firm.
Recognized as one of West Michigan’s Brightest and Best Places to Work, we believe in offering a balanced work/life environment and a culture built on putting people first, encompassing employees, clients, and our community. Learn more about us at bkccpa.com.
If you consider yourself highly motivated and looking to be a part of something directly impacting the businesses and individuals right in your own community, this may be the position for you. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We incorporate a mentor program that aids in your personal growth with a focus on technical skills, professional development, and leadership training. For motivated and qualified individuals, advancement opportunities within the firm are readily available.
We have been recognized by Accounting Today as one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work For, West Michigan's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For and Southwest Michigan First as a Wonderful Workplace.